Monday, November 12, 2012

Play with them!

So I am always complaining that M. spends all his time on the computer, watching TV and working in his math workbook and not enough time playing with toys and using his imagination. So last week, instead of complaining, I decided to actually remind him how much fun playing can be and we played together 3 days in a row! One day we build racecars out of tinker toys and raced them...
Another day we worked together to build a lego house and statue...



And another we painted a platform for his lego collection (turns out, paint warps the cardboard we used so that platform is going to meet its end when I find a replacement!).


We both found out that it is fun to build together and to use our imagination! I also have noticed that M. has been spending more time drawing (and not surprising he likes to draw intricate abstract things) since we have drawn together!
Lesson learned: I need to play with my son more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment