Thursday, November 1, 2012

Say yes when you can!

Going along with my post from the other day, I realized that I really need to start saying yes more often to M. my oldest. I have noticed that I spend a lot of time correcting him and not so much building on the positive things that he does. He is a sensitive boy who cares about others, he is very friendly and smart, he loves to do math worksheets for fun, and he loves his family. I want to make his hours at home and before bed (3 PM-8PM) more loving and positive. Understandly my 20 month old requires a little more supervision and attention but that doesn't mean that M. cannot get any mommy special time! We do spend 30-45 minutes most nights playing board games after J. goes to bed which gives us some mommy-son time but I want to do more! And it should be something that he enjoys! I am going to try to have a mommy-son date once a week for starters. Today we will go browse at Target and choose a lego set that we can build together since that is something we both love to do together. We might start making a weekly trip to the library to choose some books to read together (I have been going through my classroom library but a trip to the library "sans" brother might be fun)! Daddy will get to spend some quality time with little brother who is so attached to mommy and I will get to spend quality time with a young boy who is growing up fast! I am going to say
                        
                             YES

more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment